Southern Kalahari Private family lodge Solar Installation
The below Project was a complete off grid project for a new private family lodge in the Southern Kalahari. Logistically a very difficult job and completed in November, one of the hottest months of the year in Botswana, with daily temperatures exceeding 42 Degrees Celsius. Day 1 was all about getting the equipment to site from where equipment was delivered to. Each trip took approximately 1.5 hours on a tractor and trailer through the sand. 6 trips later and all equipment was where it needed to be and the real work could start the following day.
The system comprised of 128 x 330 (42.24 kw) watt Solar Panels mounted across the entire shed roof.
The internal components comprised of:
- 1x 80 Kwh Freedom Won Lithium Iron Battery
- 1x Fronius Eco 27 Inverter 3x Victron Quattro
- 10Kva Battery Inverter Chargers
- 3x Victron 150/100 Smart Solar MPPTS
- 1x Victron Color Control for system Control and remote Monitoring